Philadelphia International Airport Merchants Receive National Awards
PHILADELPHIA — March 9, 2009
Six merchants at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) were recognized at the Best Airport & Concessionaire Awards at the 2009 Airport Revenue Conference and Exhibition. The awards are held annually by Airport Revenue News (ARN), a leading airport industry publication.
PHL is proud to announce the following winners, which are part of the airport’s Philadelphia Marketplace Food & Shops:
- Upscale wine bar Vino Volo took home the most honors, recognized with Highest Regard for Customer Service, Best Overall Retailer, Food Operator with the Highest Regard for Customer Service, Best Food & Beverage Brand Operator and Best Food & Beverage Operator in the small retailers division. Vino Volo has locations in PHL’s B/C Connector and D/E Connector.
- The Paradies Shops, which manages Brooks Brothers, PGA Tour Shop, Barb’s Harley Davidson, CBNC News Philadelphia, Philadelphia News, Pennsylvania Market, Brighton Collectibles and Explore Philadelphia at PHL, has won Retailer with the Highest Regard for Customer Service for the 13th consecutive year in the large retailers division. Brooks Brothers was also recognized as Best Retail Specialty Brand Operator.
- The Hudson Group, which manages Hudson News, Hudson News Aero Mart and Hudson News Euro Café at PHL, was named Best News & Gift Operator (large retailers).
- OTG Management was awarded the title of Best Food & Beverage Brand Operator in the large retailers division. OTG manages Cibo Bistro and Wine Bar, Cibo Express Gourmet Market, Jet Rock Bar and Grill and Sky Asian Bistro at PHL.
- Taxco Sterling was named Best DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) Operator amongst large retailers. Taxco Sterling has locations in International Terminal A West, Concourse B and the D/E Connector.
- Techshowcase, located in PHL’s D/E Connector, was named Best New Specialty Retail Concept (small retailers). Techshowcase is part of the Airport Wireless family, which has three locations in PHL, Concourse B, C and the International Terminal, Terminal A West.
“Our merchants are truly the best in the industry, and we’re thrilled to have so many award-winning stores and restaurants recognized at this year’s ARN awards,” said Clarence LeJeune, President of Marketplace Philadelphia Management LLC. “At Marketplace Philadelphia Management, our goal is to bring only the best merchants to passengers at Philadelphia International Airport.”
“We are proud to offer PHL’s passengers such a wide range of award-winning food and retail options, and look forward to our merchants receiving even more honors and awards in the future,” said Mark Gale, Acting Director of Aviation at Philadelphia International Airport.
ABOUT MARKETPLACE PHILADELPHIA MANAGEMENT LLC
MarketPlace Philadelphia Management is the manager of the food and retail program throughout Philadelphia International Airport. The award-winning food and retail program consists of stores and eateries throughout all 7 terminals at Philadelphia International Airport. The airport features more than 160 in-line stores, restaurants and services, plus over 30 specialty retail units. MarketPlace Philadelphia Management is the local management company for MarketPlace Development, a Boston-based retail development firm that partners with airports and airlines to develop, lease, and manage airport retail programs. MarketPlace is an affiliate of New England Development a full service development company based in Newton, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.philamarketplace.com.