Assistant Operations Manager - Housekeeping
I. TITLE: Assistant Operations Manager-Housekeeping
II. DEPARTMENT: Operations
III. REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
IV. JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Assist in overseeing the operation of the airport’s retail and food & beverage concessions management program.
• Maintain all areas of responsibility at a very high level, in a timely, efficient and smooth manner.
• Monitor merchant operations for compliance with relevant, rules, regulations and operating requirements.
• Work very closely with Marketing and Specialty Leasing to complete operational related activities.
• Managing all Housekeeping operational activities.
• Oversee contract service providers and ensure the quality of the work.
• Managing the housekeeping department budget, training and safety programs.
• Facilitate Risk Management initiatives.
V. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE:
• Associate’s Degree Preferred
• At least three years of experience in shopping center or relevant facility operations management is necessary.
• Proven successful experience supervising at least 15 employees.
• Knowledge of shopping center or facility operations and housekeeping standards and practices.
• Valid driver’s license, clean driver’s record and personal transportation is required.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and email programs.
• Some familiarity with relevant OSHA regulations is helpful.
VI. SPECIAL SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
• Strong interpersonal skills and good personnel, organization, and time management skills.
• Ability to motivate, train and communicate information to others.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities, make good decisions quickly and be flexible.
• Willingness to work a varying schedule is essential, especially nights, weekends, holidays and inclement weather.
VII. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE :
• Hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating all housekeeping department departmental personnel.
• Ensure adequate staffing at all times to execute the program at a very high level.
• Maintaining relevant personnel, training and safety records.
• Develop and manage the departmental budget for personnel, supplies and contract services.
• Ensure that sufficient supplies, necessary tools and operating equipment are available at all times.
• Implement and manage the maintenance management program.
• Execute special assignments as may be given from time to time.
C. Risk Management
• Participate in the Risk Management Committee as a key member.
• Ensure that all personnel operate in compliance with safety standards.
• Supervise reporting of all Workers Compensation, General Liability and other relevant incidents.
D. Contract Services
• Assist in overseeing the work of all contract service providers.
• Ensure that contracted services are provided in accordance with the agreement and company standards.
• Review and approve service reports for contract services.
E. Merchant Relations
• Maintain effective relationships with merchants, contractors, Division of Aviation, and airport tenants.
• Respond to retail and food & beverage merchant operational issues, problems and requests.
Please email a resume and cover letter to: